Be part of the largest community improvement event in America
Get your work gloves, shovels and paintbrushes or your pickup sticks and trash bags ready! It’s time for the annual Great American Cleanup (GAC). Each spring, from March 20 to June 20, volunteers throughout Martin County come together as part of the largest community improvement event in the nation.
For the GAC in Martin County, Keep Martin Beautiful encourages everyone to green up and clean up, especially in neighborhoods most in need of some extra care and attention. Places such as Banner Lake, Pettway, New Monrovia, Golden Gate, East Stuart, Rio and Booker Park.
In past years, we’ve:
- Worked with partners to make improvements to the Gomez Cemetery in Hobe Sound.
- Coordinated with The Keepers in Banner Lake on litter removal.
- Helped elderly homeowners in Golden Gate and Booker Park repair roofs, paint homes, plant trees and spruce up landscaping.
- Given the Gertrude Walden Center in East Stuart a makeover.
- And so much more!
Anyone can participate. Civic and school groups, scout troops, families and businesses can volunteer - for a single day if it’s a smaller project or multiple days for a bigger undertaking.
Typical GAC projects include:
- making simple home repairs, painting, and other house renovation and neighborhood revitalization improvements.
- picking up litter from streets, parks, neighborhoods, shorelines, and waterways.
- planting trees and ï¬‚owers and removing exotic vegetation.
- spring cleaning to collect household hazardous waste and large appliances (called “white goods”) and disposing of them properly.
Partnering with us is easy. If you have a project in mind, we can help you find others who may be interested in working with you. Or we can brainstorm with you about what needs in your community can be tended to. Keep Martin Beautiful serves as a clearinghouse and a cheerleader for GAC activities, providing logistical support and supplies, volunteer recruitment, and promotion through digital and social media.
The Great American Cleanup is a perfect example of how lasting, positive change happens when people work together for the common good.
Can we count on you to join us for the largest community improvement event in America? Please reach out and share your ideas with us. For more info, visit our website, call us at 772-781-1222 or email us at email@example.com. To sponsor the Great American Cleanup click here.